Fudgy Flourless Brownies
Extra Fudgy Flourless Brownies with walnuts with decadent chocolate flavor made from scratch.
Servings: 12 brownies
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 2 oz milk chocolate
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4t teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup oat flour + 2 tablespoons
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped
Preheat oven to 325°F.
Line a 10×7 baking pan with parchment paper. You can use a smaller baking pan if you like.
In a bowl melt chocolate in the microwave in 30 seconds interval at 50% power.
Soak your pitted dates in hot water for 5 minutes, then blend with a few teaspoons of water that you used to soak them. It should be a smooth paste.
In a large bowl mix all the wet ingredients: eggs, date paste, melted chocolate, vanilla extract and melted coconut oil.
Note: Since the melted chocolate and coconut oil was a little warm, I added a little bit first and mix it well with the eggs to prevent them from scrambling, this is called tempering.
In another bowl mix the dry ingredients oat flour, cocoa powder, sugar, and salt.
Add the walnuts and fold the dry ingredients into wet ingredients until combined.
Place mixture in lined baking pan and bake for 35 minutes.
Remove from oven and let it cool completely.
Once cooled cut into 12 pieces and enjoy your fudgy brownies!
- To melt the chocolate in the microwave, you would need to reduce the microwave power to 50% and then heat for 30 seconds interval. Stir in between each interval. Just for reference, I own a 1200 Watts microwave.
- If you have to melt it because yours is solid, you can also use the microwave it may take less time than the chocolate.
- To make the oat flour just process some old fashioned rolled oats in a food processor or blender as fine as you like. I usually make it myself at home.
- You can make this recipe gluten-free if you use gluten-free oats to make the oat flour.
- You can omit the walnuts if you like, I added it since I wanted some crunch to balance out the extra fudginess.
Serving: 1square | Calories: 244kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 64mg | Potassium: 185mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 44IU | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1mg