Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
Try out this carrot cake overnight oats, it will just take you back to eating a delicious carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.
Servings: 2 servings
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients.
Separate in two mason jars and refrigerate a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
Now it is ready to enjoy! You can heat it up in the microwave or eat it as is.
Look for jars with a wide mouth to make it easier to pour in and mix.
Storing: You can store these in the fridge for up to 5 days. The more it stays in the refrigerator, the more it'll soak up the liquid. If that is the case, add a little more milk until it reaches your liking consistency.
Reheat: Put the mason jar for a couple of minutes in the microwave. You could also add a little more liquid to them so they can loosen up.
If you prefer, you can add toppings to the oats, like more carrots or raisins. Want a little texture? You can add chopped walnuts or pecans, or even coconut flakes
You can double this recipe by doubling the number of ingredients, following the same steps, and dividing the mixture into four (4) jars instead.
- Rolled oats - if you need it to be gluten-free, use certified gluten-free oats. You can try using quick-cooking oats but do not leave it overnight.
- Vanilla almond milk - you can use any milk, dairy, or no dairy, I have used regular milk or 2%, and it tasted delicious.
- Chia seeds - I haven't tried replacing it with flaxseed, but it may work. If you try it, let me know.
- Maple syrup - You can replace it with your sweetener of choice, but you'll need to taste it.
- Shredded carrots or grated carrots will work.
- Raisins: omit if you don't like raisins or replace them with golden raisins or chopped dates!
Sodium: 240mg | Calcium: 250mg | Vitamin C: 2.9mg | Vitamin A: 5540IU | Sugar: 8g | Fiber: 9g | Potassium: 487mg | Cholesterol: 15mg | Calories: 383kcal | Saturated Fat: 3g | Fat: 14g | Protein: 9g | Carbohydrates: 56g | Iron: 2.9mg