Rice and carrtos
Rice and carrots, a perfect recipe to pair with chicken, meat, or whichever protein you have at home. It´s also an easy way to use leftover rice and add more vegetables to your meals. Try it out. You’ll love it!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 celery rib chopped
- 1 carrot medium sized, chopped
- 3 cups white rice cooked
- ¼ teaspoon salt
In a pot or pan over medium heat and heat the sesame oil.
Add and sauté the onions, garlic, and celery for 3 minutes.
Add the carrots and continue to sauté all the ingredients for an additional 3 minutes. Add the salt to season and enhance the flavors of the vegetables.
Add the rice and mix everything until it is incorporated and the rice begins to turn the color of the carrots, about 5 minutes. If the rice is quite dry, you can add a splash of water, cover the pot and let it cook for 3 minutes.
Once everything is mixed, turn off the heat and serve with your favorite protein.
You can double the recipe without issues. If you prefer you can just add more veggies.
- Cooked rice: you can use white rice or brown rice if you prefer. I recommend using leftover rice so that it has a texture similar to fried rice. But if you don't have it, you can do it with the fresh one.
- Onion: You can use chives or replace them with use red onions or shallots. Use what you have on hand. This recipe is very forgiving.
- Sesame oil: use the regular version or the toasted version. Either will work.
Storing & Reheating
- Add scrambled egg as if it were fried rice.
- Add chives for more color, or you can sauté it all together.
- You can add corn kernels to it. It adds another texture.
- Add chopped cashews and or sesame seeds for more texture.
- You prefer an option without rice and with only vegetables, use cauliflower rice and follow the same steps. It’s delicious.
- Storage: Once cool, you can store them in the fridge in an airtight container for 5 days.
- Reheat: You can heat it in a pan or use the microwave. If you find that the rice is a little dry, you can add a little extra water before heating it.
Serving: 0.75cup | Calories: 170kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 13mg | Potassium: 119mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 2553IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 23mg