Roasted Pumpkin Soup
A light roasted pumpkin soup packed with flavor, perfect for a light dinner.
Servings: 7 cups
- 2 pounds pumpkin, cubed
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped into quarters about 1 cup
- 1 medium gala apple, cubed about 1 cup
- 1 small carrot, chopped about 1/2 cup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 sprigs Fresh thyme 1 sprig will be used for decoration
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt to taste I used sea salt, approximately 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2.5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- optional: sunflower seeds and parmesan cheese for garnish
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Place the cubes on a baking sheet, and add the olive oil, 2 sprigs of thyme, garlic powder, pepper and a little salt.
Mix until all ingredients are covered in olive oil and other seasonings and roast for 25 minutes or until the pumpkin is soft and becomes a dark orange color.
Let cool for 5 minutes.
Transfer and blend all the roasted vegetables and the chicken broth in a blender
Pour into a saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes over low heat, rectify salt and pepper.
Serve hot and garnish with thyme, sunflower seeds and Parmesan cheese.
When cutting the pumpkin, be careful when using a sharp knife.
The pumpkin tends to cook a little faster when it is smaller, for this reason, it was better to chop it into cubes.
Another way to tell if the pumpkin is ready, by simply pricking it with a fork and it should pass through easily.
At the time of blending ingredients would be somewhat hot, you should blend in batches so that the blender doesn't overflow.
For a vegan option: substitute chicken broth, with vegetable broth, and you can omit the Parmesan cheese for garnish.
Calories: 85kcal | Carbohydrates: 15.5g | Protein: 2.3g | Fat: 2.4g | Cholesterol: 0.2mg | Sodium: 229mg | Fiber: 2.1g | Sugar: 7.7g | Vitamin A: 2150IU | Vitamin C: 21.5mg