One-pot Pumpkin Chicken Pasta
One-pot pumpkin chicken pasta, a great way to use a couple of ingredients in the same pot to have a delicious meal, perfect for lunch or dinner.
Servings: 4 people
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided (1 Tbsp for the chicken, one for the rest)
- 1 pound chicken breast cubed
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided 3/4 tsp for the chicken, 1/2 tsp for the rest
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided in half
- 1 medium size onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken stock or broth
- 1/8 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 8 ounces whole wheat pasta I used linguine
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 2 sprigs parsley for garnish
Heat the dutch oven, and add 1 Tbsp of olive oil. Add half of the chicken to brown for approximately 2 minutes per side just until it is no longer pink. Season while cooking (adding salt and pepper). Repeat with the second batch of chicken. Set it aside.
Add the remaining oil to the dutch oven. Saute the onions and the garlic for 5 minutes.
Now add the pumpkin puree, chicken broth, and the seasonings: salt, pepper, chili flakes, and nutmeg, mix.
Stir in the pasta and the chicken. Let it cook covered for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Check the pasta, once it is done turn off the heat. And mix in the cream cheese.
Serve with some fresh chopped parsley and grated parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Calories: 698kcal | Carbohydrates: 93.1g | Protein: 47g | Fat: 18.6g | Cholesterol: 99.8mg | Sodium: 1071.5mg | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1950IU | Vitamin C: 9.1mg