Stuffed salmon fillet with spinach and cream cheese, easy to make and ready in just 30 minutes.
A few weeks ago, I was trying out some new ideas on how to prepare salmon fillets. After a few tries, I enjoyed how these fillets turned out. Salmon is one of my favorite fish, for its taste and it is easy to cook.
I usually get it easily in supermarkets plus it is very versatile in cooking. The most important part is that the recipe is easy and quick to make. This one is also a great way to sneak in some veggies. Lately, I have lacked in this part, but I’m getting there.
Add a little health note: Salmon is a great source of protein to include in your diet. Also, it is high in omega-3 fatty acids.
📋 Ingredients for the recipe
In order to prepare the stuffed salmon fillet, we would need a few ingredients and its preparation is quite simple. Before we start we would need the following:
- 2 salmon fillets, 5 oz each
- chopped spinach
- cream cheese
- salt & black pepper
- olive oil
For the utensils, we would need to use the following tools: a sharp knife, a baking sheet, a medium nonstick skillet, aluminum foil.
📝 How to make the recipe? – Step by Step
We will start prepping the salmon fillets, cutting them lengthwise so we can add the stuffing later.
To create the foil pockets, you need to cut two foil long and wide pieces so that the fillet fits inside and can be closed by folding up and the ends. In this foil pocket, the salmon fillets will cook nicely without overcooking or drying. Once we have our pockets ready, we place our fillets in the center and season with salt and black pepper.
Next, we would cook our spinach with garlic, nutmeg, olive oil, and a pinch of salt, and then we would mix it with the cream cheese to start stuffing our salmon fillets (as seen in the picture below).
Now that each fillet is stuffed close each foil pocket and place it in the oven for 15-20 minutes, depending on your salmon fillet thickness. It took 20 minutes to be fully cooked. You will notice that the salmon is ready once it has an opaque color, and it should flake apart easily.
Serve immediately! The great part of this is that it is minimum clean-up to be made.
Also, if you love salmon like me, you can go and check out my Mediterranean-crusted salmon which is also ready in just 30 minutes.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave your comment or take a picture and add the hashtag #nashifood on Instagram. We love to see what you are preparing in your kitchens.
Comparte tu amor por la comida!
Stuffed spinach and cream cheese salmon fillets
- 2 salmon fillets, 5 oz each
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt, , + pinch for the spinach
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 cups fresh chopped spinach
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 350° F/180° C.
- Cut each salmon fillet lengthwise from the thick part of the fillet inwards; as you were going to make the fillet thinner. This is where the filling will be placed later.
- Cut two pieces of foil long and wide enough to create a pocket in which the salmon will cook when folded over the center and folded up on the ends.
- Place each piece of foil on a large baking sheet and put each salmon fillet in the center of each piece of foil. Sprinkle each fillet with salt and black pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic to the skillet, and cook for 30 seconds or until it becomes fragrant. Avoid burning the garlic.
- Add the spinach to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in a pinch of salt and the nutmeg and cook for another 3 minutes; remove from heat.
- Mix the cooked spinach with the cream cheese and set aside.
- Divide the spinach and cream cheese mixture in two, and place in the salmon fillet, in case there is some left you can put it on top as I did (see image). Close the foil pocket and bake in the oven for between 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately, Enjoy!