These easy tuna cakes that will be ready in just 15 minutes, pretty neat when you need to prepare a quick dinner!
A few months ago, I was trying out a couple of easy recipes to share with you here. I noticed that I kept going back to this one on those lazy nights that you are not sure what to have for dinner. Yes, I know we all have those moments when we don’t know what to eat.
The great part of this recipe is that it needs less than 10 ingredients. These ingredients usually are found in every pantry, and in case you don’t have one of them, no sweat. In the recipe notes, I will include some substitutions in case you need them.
This recipe consists of a few basic ingredients, and a couple of spices that will give the easy tuna cakes its flavor. You will need are the following:
- 2 cans of tuna in water
- panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- salt & pepper
- dijon mustard
In a mixing bowl just mix all the ingredients and form the tuna cakes. These two steps were your preparation.
The next step will be the cooking, heat up a medium non-stick skillet. If you have a griddle it would be better so you can cook more at once. Add the tuna cakes on the non-stick skillet and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Remove from pan and serve immediately. You can serve tuna cakes with a little mayonnaise or tartar sauce if you like.
These easy tuna cakes are also kids friendly. You can make sandwiches, or wraps with them if you like. I had one for breakfast the next morning, so I guess it is great for any time in the day. This recipe can be doubled without issues.
Easy Tuna Cakes
- 2 cans tuna in water (170 g), drained
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, medium size
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Remember to drain your tuna before mixing all your ingredients.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add all the ingredients and mix until combined.
- To form the tuna cakes, I use a 1/4 measuring cup so I got all of the cakes of the same size.
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet, place your cakes and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Try not to overcrowd your skillet, and cook them in batches of 3.
- Serve immediately, Enjoy!
- 1 Tbsp of chopped fresh parsley = 1 tsp of dried parsley
- 1/4 cup of panko = 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs
- You can also use any dry or fresh spices you have. Make it spicy adding a 1/4 tsp of chili flakes or more if you like.
- Don't have tuna in water, no sweat use any one you have on hand but, remember to drain it. Those with corn also taste great!
- If you don't have mayonnaise you can also use avocado, or a little of yogurt or sour cream.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave your comment or take a picture and add the hashtag #nashifood on Instagram. We love to see what you are preparing in your kitchens.
Comparte tu amor por la comida!