The top 10 recipes of 2020 from the blog, a list of the most popular recipes you all enjoyed this year!
It is that time of the year when we take time to look back on what we have done and what has happened.
2020 has been a crazy year for all of us, but I managed to post more new content 🎊 than last year. Also cooked a lot more, recipe test a lot more, so those will be posted this coming year.
I’m grateful for you, and I wish you and your family the best for this new year.
THANK YOU for reading the blog, making the recipes, and leaving comments and star reviews. This makes me very happy and helps my content reach more people.
Today I’m sharing with you the top 10 most popular recipes of 2020. All of this hasn’t been possible without YOU!
Without further due, my list of top 10 most popular recipes of 2020 in chronological order:
- Banana Oat Bread – Third year in a row, the #1 recipe on the blog. A spike in March and April months when we had the banana craze. A lot of you shared them on Instagram, and you enjoyed it. Cheers to more Banana Bread next 2021! Banana Oat BreadTry this easy 12-ingredient banana oat bread, that will result in a moist and sweet treat. You will love it!Get this recipe -->
- Plantain lasagna – An excellent option for a special meal, or even holiday dinners, or want to try new flavors in your home. This one is one of the Pinterest favorites. It’s a traditional Dominican and Puerto Rican dish, called Pastelón. This recipe is not an authentic one, but it is delicious. Plantain LasagnaA sweet and savory version of lasagna, made with sweet plantains, beef, and cheese. I promise you won't miss the pasta.Get this recipe -->
- Sweet Corn Fritters – This recipe is a traditional food in Panama, eating in many fonda’s in November. It is made with fresh sweet corn, deep-fried with a buttery taste, or coconut oil if you prefer. Sweet Corn FrittersYou can enjoy these Homemade Sweet Corn Fritters as a breakfast with your loved ones, accompanied by coffee and white cheese.Get this recipe -->
- Stewed Sausages – Perfect as a weekend meal for breakfast, perfectly paired with any fried food in Panama. Or for lunch or dinner with rice or pasta. Stewed sausage is part of a great Panamanian breakfast, full of flavor. I invite you to try it out! Stewed sausagesStewed sausage is part of a great Panamanian breakfast, full of flavor. I invite you to try out!Get this recipe -->
- Tuna Cakes – This was another recipe that was popular on Google and Pinterest. Since we had to buy a lot of cans of tuna. Easy and quick recipe for when you don’t have a lot of time in the kitchen. Mix all the ingredients in one bowl and cook on the stop. Eat as protein into a wrap, with potatoes or even a green salad. Easy Tuna CakesEasy tuna cakes that takes 15 minutes and less than 10 ingredients to prepare and cook!Get this recipe -->
- Maple Dijon Pork Chops – This blog post has 3 ways to make it. It was first tested out in a slow cooker, then on the stove, and finally in the instant pot. You can make it any way you like, and it is simple and easy to make. Maple Dijon Pork ChopsTender and Juicy Maple Dijon Pork Chops, with a sweet and savory sauce, made in an instant Pot, or slow cooker or skillet.Get this recipe -->
- Rice with pigeon peas and coconut – Like previous years, is one of the favorite recipes for the holidays! Just in December got around 3k page views. This recipe is usually part of most Christmas or New Years’ dinner, even when the fresh pigeon peas are about $6-7 dollars the pound. You can also swap with canned ones. Rice with pigeon peas and coconutDo you want to try a new side dish, to enjoy in your holiday menu? I invite you to try the rice with pigeon peas and coconut milk. In Panama, it is an essential part of any holiday menu.Get this recipe -->
- Spinach and zucchini crustless quiche – An excellent option for breakfast or lunch. You can also add any other ingredient you prefer, simple and easy to make. Spinach and Zucchini Crustless QuicheThe spinach and zucchini crustless quiche is an easy and healthy recipe. It is a great breakfast, lunch or dinner. Nice way to add more veggies to your diet!Get this recipe -->
- Caramelized Plantains (Plátanos en tentación) – Posted this year, and it was a popular one, made with applesauce. Great for any special occasion. Caramelized PlantainsTry these delicious caramelized plantains, made with simple ingredients, ready in 15 minutes.Get this recipe -->
- Stuffed salmon fillets – This recipe keeps its place in the round-up of popular recipes for the third time. Mostly the people from Pinterest sure enjoy this one. A couple of you also posted on Instagram photos of your recreations. Filetes de salmon rellenos de espinaca y queso cremaFiletes de salmón rellenos con espinacas y queso crema, listos en tan sólo 30 minutos.Get this recipe -->
As I mentioned before, I want to say a big THANK YOU for all your support since I started blogging. And I hope you have a Happy and Safe New Year 2021, with new and more delicious recipes for you and your family.
Share your favorites or let us know what you want to see on the blog next year in the comments below!
More Top 10 Recipes
Comparte tu amor por la comida!