This easy and healthy spinach and zucchini crustless quiche recipe is great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. This quiche is made with eggs, cottage cheese and veggies packed with flavor and protein. Try it out!
This easy spinach and zucchini crustless quiche is simple to prepare and only needs a handful of ingredients. Most likely, you would have all of them in your pantry.
Why this recipe works
- A great way to sneak more veggies into your diet.
- Perfect for meal prep.
- It’s gluten-free, low carb and keto.
- Highly customizable, you can add more veggies, change them, the possibilities are endless. Make it your own with what you have on hand!
Ingredients & utensils needed for the recipe
The ingredients needed for this crustless quiche are:
- chopped spinach
- grated zucchini
- olive oil
- cottage cheese
- mozzarella cheese
- seasonings: salt, black pepper, and nutmeg
You’ll need the following utensils: a large mixing bowl, a nonstick skillet, and a pie or quiche tin. If you don’t have one of these tins, you can use a round cake tin.
To start, dice up your onion. Next, cook your crustless quiche filling. In a large nonstick skillet, add the olive oil and heat to medium-high.
First, saute the onions until soft. Then add the zucchini and continue sauteing for a couple of minutes or until there is no liquid in the skillet.
💡 Tip: Spinach and zucchinis have a high water content, and for this reason, we cook them to prevent a soggy quiche.
After this, add the chopped spinach and saute until they are wilted down. Add your nutmeg and mix. Turn off the heat and remove it from the stove and let it cool for a few minutes.
Quiche Egg Mixture
Now let’s work on the base of our crustless quiche. Beat the eggs with salt, black pepper, cottage cheese, and the quiche filling mixture in a large mixing bowl. Easy as that. I like easy recipes to whip up. The main reason I add cottage cheese is to increase a little the amount of protein.
💡 Tip: If you prefer a smoother texture, you can use a blender and add all the base ingredients and blend until everything is smooth. Then add the filling mixture and mix in with a spatula. Now it will be ready to pour into the tin and bake.
Now pour the quiche mixture into the lined baking tin, and sprinkle the grated mozzarella on top.
Bake at 350º F for 35 to 40 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Let it cool for 5 minutes before cutting. Your spinach and zucchini crustless quiche is ready to devour. Enjoy!
Recipe Tips & FAQs
Customize your healthy crustless quiche by swapping the filling ingredients. I have tried adding ham, only with spinach or zucchini for a summer quiche flavor, and it always turns out delicious.
You can also use any leftovers of chicken, ham or whatever veggie you have on hand for the filling. The combinations are endless. I also think that onions and eggs are a great combo!
If you aren’t a veggie fan you can leave them out and bake the egg mixture and it will result in a tasty cottage cheese crustless quiche.
This recipe is great to prepare for meal prep. You can also make it using a muffin tin, so you have individual portions, no cutting required. Cook for 15 minutes approximately.
Storing: You can store it in a glass container in the fridge.
Reheating: You can reheat them in the oven for 5-8 minutes at 350º F and add more cheese if you want to! You can also reheat it in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
You can serve quiche with a green salad, or bread. Check out this article on what to serve wth quiche for more ideas.
Crustless quiche will last up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
You can preparethe quiche the night before, store it covered in the fridge and bake it in the morning.
Other Meal Prep Recipes
Hope you give this recipe a try. I know you won’t regret it! 🙂
Spinach and Zucchini Crustless Quiche
Quiche Egg Mixture
- 6 medium eggs
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat your oven to 350º F.
- Dice your onions.
- Heat a nonstick skillet on medium high heat. Add the olive oil. Sautee the onions for 5 minutes. Next add the zucchini and sautee for 2 more minutes or until there is no water in the skillet. Lastly add the spinach and sautee for 3 minutes. Add the nutmeg and stir. Remove from the heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs with salt, black pepper, the cottage cheese and the vegetable mixture.
- Line a 9″ inch baking tin with some parchment paper and add the mixture to it. Sprinkle the grated mozzarella on top.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until puffed up and golden brown on top.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes before cutting. Serve and enjoy!
If you tried this Zucchini and spinach crustless quiche recipe or any other recipe at Nashi Food, don’t forget to rate ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ the recipe and leave me a comment below! I love knowing about your cooking experience.
Share your love for food!